Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Synertex is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator II to support the Information Technology (IT) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Server team to provide enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available server technology solutions (systems, applications, and services) as the customer’s Enterprise IT Systems Applications, and services catalogs.
Under the guidance of the Principal Systems Administrator, the Senior SA primarily provides O&M support – installation, configuration, securing and hardening, testing, sustainment, upgrading, remediation, and decommissioning – to the customer’s enterprise IT cross domain solution (CDS) which allows for the access to Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS) and Operational Domains from a single workstation, backed by AIS SecureView. This complex client-server solution requires the Senior SA to be knowledgeable and capable of administering a combination of Microsoft Windows and Linux based platforms.
- Secondary duties and responsibilities include working alongside IT O&M Server team members to provide O&M support to existing server-based solutions which across a variety of major technology vendors including, but not limited to, Citrix, Ersi, McAfee, Microsoft, Red Hat, ServiceNow, and SolarWinds.
- The majority of these enterprise managed services are hosted on enterprise Microsoft Windows Server platforms, but there are also Linux distributions as well. The Senior SA will support the mid-level internal escalation tier(s) for the Server O&M team providing troubleshooting support and guidance to assess and remediate challenges primarily in the CDS domain. However, the goal for the Senior SA is to extend their support to both Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) platforms as time and resources are available.
- The Senior SA works closely with the customer’s IT Architecture and Engineering (A&E) Senior Network Engineer as well as the O&M Networking team to ensure that the CDS-based networking devices and components are implemented, setup and maintained within optimal and required configurations to continue to provide the most secure operating environment possible.
- The Senior SA contributes to the production and maintenance of documentation for the Server team’s solution system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) deployed and in use in the customer’s IT Solutions portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, processes and procedures, workflows, run books, and all other area of server system lifecycle planning.
- Shall have 5 or more years of hands-on experience providing O&M support of enterprise server operating systems (OSs) (Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, etc.) and server applications and services across multi-platform information systems varying in size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience specifically related to providing O&M to Multi- Level Security (MLS) and/or CDS implementations, integrations, accreditations, and operations.
- Shall have 3 or more years of hands-on experience working with Linux-based platforms. Specific experience with RHEL 6 and/or 7 is a plus.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience of having a strong understanding of core IT Networking protocols, including but may not be limited to, SSH, SCP, FTP, SSL, PKI, VPN, SNMP, etc.
- Shall meet the Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) System Administrator (451); Intermediate Level for SECNAV M-5239.2 compliance. (See Navy Cool WebSite)
- Desired: Bachelor's Degree
- Strongly desired to be at least Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certified. Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification is most desired.
- Strongly desired to be Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified UNIX Security Administrator (GCUX) and/or GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN) certified.
- Strongly desired to be Microsoft Certified: Modem Desktop Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 10 certified.
- Strongly desired to have experience working with Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 enterprise desktop offerings as clients within virtual, and ideally specifically CDS, implementations. Experience with enterprise Windows Server 2012 or newer is also a plus.
- Desired: Demonstrated experience authoring, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing scripted technologies, such as Microsoft PowerShell on Linux, Bash, Perl, Python, etc., to automate and orchestrate routine, as well as complex, O&M duties and responsibilities, with a focus on maximizing efficiency, consistency, and minimizing the subsequent human error factor of related tasks.