Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Synertex is seeking an IT Enterprise Service Desk Manager to manage and coordinate the handling of enterprise IT-related service requests, service incidents and problems, for an Enterprise Service Desk supporting 4,000 users in support of the customer’s IT Enterprise Architecture. The Service Desk Manager will be responsible for managing the full life-cycle of all incidents, problems, and service requests including fulfillment, verification, and closure of incidents across a multi-tiered Service Desk to provide increasing levels of expertise based on the complexity of the issue at hand.
- The IT Enterprise Service Desk Manager serves as the primary representative to the Government on all Enterprise Service Desk related matters for the customer
- The IT Enterprise Service Desk Manager develops procedures that support execution of Service Desk activities to include process flows, defined roles and responsibilities, knowledge articles, and reporting schematics to enable the establishment of appropriate touchpoints and engagements.
- Shall have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or equivalent field with 7 or more years of overall relevant experience with 4 or more years of specific experience managing or leading Service Desk tasks for a large scale IT Enterprise Service Desk. 10 or more years of prior relevant professional experience and/or active duty military history demonstrating related functions and responsibilities would be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, and evaluating task execution and performance exercising latitude and independence of globally dispersed Service Desk teams to implement solutions as expected
- Demonstrated experience implementing service improvement processes in response to performance metrics or Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Demonstrated experience with Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) ITSM software suites such as BMC remedy, ServiceNow, or HP Service Manager, for performing duties and responsibilities such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Management, Knowledge Management, Service Level Management, Reports and Dashboards, etc.
- Strongly desired to be formally trained and/or certified in the following Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) modules: Service Operations, Operational Support and Analysis, and/or Continual Service Improvement.
- Associate or expert-level technical certifications for Microsoft related operating systems (OSs), applications and service preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with other operational managers within an IT organization - such as an Operations Manager and/or a Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) - to provide notification of issues and execute plans and courses of action (COAs) to rapidly address and resolve them in accordance with the customer’s standards.
- Familiar with common IT enterprise operating systems such as RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and Microsoft Windows
- Familiar with common IT enterprise collaboration, communication, and productivity suites such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Skype for Business, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise monitoring and network performance monitoring solutions such as Microsoft System Center, IBM Tivoli, SolarWinds, and/or Splunk.