Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen willing to obtain a DHS Public Trust clearance.
Synertex LLC has an immediate opening for a Senior Developer to support the Data Integration and Analysis Layer (DIAL) program within the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office for the Department of Homeland Security. DIAL is an analyst workbench developed to integrate and analyze health and non-health systems, data, and applications-as well as provide an all-source biosurveillance platform capable of detecting biological threats of national significance.
Candidate must meet or exceed qualifications to be considered for Remote work.
- Work within a team environment to support operationalization of a software-based platform that will facilitate rapid decision making and increased situational awareness across a variety of users, disciplines, and geographic locations
- Test and validate robust, maintainable, well documented, and well tested enterprise-level applications
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with the customer and other team members. Including managers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers/developers
- Support the integration and maintenance of advanced analytic Biodefense applications
- Demonstrated experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) o EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, Lambda, ElasticCache, Redshift o CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
- Demonstrated experience in web application development using Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, MyBatis, Hibernate, JUnit, Maven, ANT, JSON, and XML
- Demonstrated experience working with o Hadoop o HDFS, HBase, & Hive o ElasticSearch o MongoDB o SQL, , Neo4j, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of J2EE application servers
- Experience developing APIs using REST web services
- SQL and DataFrames, Streaming, MLlib, GraphX
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience with Scala
- Experience with Spark
- Experience Kafka
- Experience with Sqoop, Storm, Flink, NiFi
- Experience providing customer support to the Federal Government, preferably within a military/defense setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- 12 years of related experience