Clearance: TS (SCI Eligible)
****Contingent upon award of contract****
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK
Synertex is seeking a Senior Database Administrator for a contract proposal supporting the DIA’s Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS) Enterprise Agile Development (MEAD) Infrastructure Support effort in Herndon, Va.
The effort is a multi-year effort to overcome the challenges associated with the databases that house critical information. The overall goal is to automate manual processes, pair information with other relevant data sources from various classification levels, and make the data available to thousands of systems, analysts, warfighters, and foreign partners who need access to the information.
The overall Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid Repository System (MARS) effort is a multi-year effort to overcome the challenges associated with the databases that house Foundational Military Intelligence (FMI), most notably the Modernized Integrated Database (MIDB). The overall goal is to automate manual processes, pair FMI with other relevant data sources from various classification levels, and make the data available to thousands of systems, analysts, warfighters, and foreign partners who need it.
The MARS will transform the current MIDB databases that house FMI into an advanced, comprehensive, scalable, flexible, and rigorous intelligence environment. The MARS will create a military intelligence environment for the warfighter and analyst that can be accessed for up-to-date information by the Intelligence Community (IC). The MARS will improve warfighting through:
- Enhancing targeting system analysis, development, and battle damage assessment support.
- Tracking and analyzing seamlessly in and out of garrison Orders of Battle (OB).
- Enabling rapid discovery of new information and insights for the intelligence and warring communities through big data analytics.
- Supporting complex problems like cyber-related targeting, space and counter space, and future evaluation of threats.
- Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems.
- Coordinate changes to computer databases.
- May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
- 10+ years of experience in administering, testing, and implementing computer databases, and applying knowledge of database management systems.
- Experience coordinating changes to computer databases.
- Experience planning, coordinating, and implementing security measures to safeguard computer databases.
- Supervising others
- Bachelor’s degree required. CSP may be required.