Clearance: Active TS/SCI (Willing to take Polygraph)
Synertex is seeking a Senior Computer Network Defense (CND) Engineer to test, implement, deploy, maintain, review, and administer the hardware, software, and documentation required to support the CND capabilities. This may include, but is not limited to, Splunk, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products, vulnerability scanning tools as deployed within hosted Information Systems.
To Apply, use the following link:
- Develops and manages the tools, tactics, and techniques that will be used to monitor the network to actively remediate unauthorized activities (dashboards, queries, scan policies, etc.).
- Develops and maintains system documentation as it pertains to CND capabilities and their implementation (CONOPs, SOPs, etc.).
- Provides reports as needed for the health, wellness, and availability of CND tools within hosted information systems and addresses any issues in a timely manner.
- Shall have 7 or more years of experience in implementing and maintaining CND technologies on a multi-platform (Windows, Red Hat, etc.) enterprise-grade WAN.
- Shall have 4 or more years of experience in implementing, maintaining, and operating a SIEM and/or vulnerability scanner product.
- Shall have 4 or more years of experience in maintaining and operating Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Shall meet the Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF Cyber Defense Infrastructure Support Specialist (521); Intermediate Level for SECNAV M-5239.2 compliance. (See Navy Cool WebSite)
- Desired: Bachelor's Degree
- Desired: 7 or more years of experience in developing, maintaining, and operating Tenable/ACAS or other equivalent vulnerability scanner product.
- Desired: 7 or more years of experience developing, maintaining, and operating Splunk or other equivalent SIEM product.
- Desired: 7 or more years of experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or other equivalent Linux product.
- Desired: 4 or more years of experience with evaluating technologies in accordance with DISA STIGs (Windows, Red Hat, Cisco, etc.) and providing applicable remediation guidance.