Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph (Agency Clearance)
Synertex LLC is seeking a Security Control Assessor (SCA) for work on a client site in Northern Virginia. The SCA will perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction to include scanning within network systems to identify vulnerabilities and recommend actions to correct
problems, working either alone or as part of a team. Ensures integrity of IT systems by identifying and mitigating potential avenues of exploitation, including system level attacks and user level
- Demonstrated experience conducting hands on security testing, analyzing results, documenting risks, and recommending countermeasures
- Demonstrated experience providing threat analysis based on identified security vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated experience testing security architectures of cloud-based systems and applications, identifying vulnerabilities and providing security remediation
- Applies experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC)
- Evaluates the security controls within network systems to identify vulnerabilities and recommend actions to correct problems working either alone or as part of a team.
- Ensures integrity of IT systems by identifying and mitigating potential avenues of exploitation including system level attacks and user level attacks.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 Years' experience
- Experience with scanning tools (XACTA, RedSeal, Nessus, Splunk, McAfee ePO, and/or other vulnerability scanners) to conduct scans, analyze scans and summarize findings.
- Applies experience with RMF, CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53, and NISPOM
- Desired Certifications: CASP, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, or GCIH