Synertex is seeking a Mandarin Language Analyst for a position supporting the Office of Naval Intelligence’s emerging technology division. This is the opportunity to be part of a new effort that will explore new technologies and sources of information having a potential high impact on the nation’s security. You will be part of a team of linguists, analysts and technicians examining cutting-edge technologies and potential threats to vital U.S. systems and programs, providing advanced warning and context to senior decision makers and program managers.
To apply to this position, apply using the link below:
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, understand, and translate scientific and technical lexicon.
- As a Technical Translator, you can expect to spend approximately 80% of your time translating targeted Mandarin-language publications and other publicly available information as requirements dictate and approximately 20% in performing research on new information sources.
- Familiarity with a wide range of technical terminology and technical disciplines such as sensors, platforms, and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must have and maintain Mandarin language proficiency as verified by at least a 2.0 rating on the ILR. Must have a current (within the last year) ILR test score to validate this rating.
- Must have clear written and oral communication skills
- Must have a minimum one-year familiarity with the MS Office Suite