Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
The Project Manager (PM) will be supporting a government customer in Northern Virginia and will support information technology upgrades. As a member of the project management team, the candidate will be responsible for coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and scope. Candidate will oversee all aspects of projects including managing deadlines, assigning tasks, and, monitor and summarize progress of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with engineering teams and customer to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
Candidate should be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with customers to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.