Synertex is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Developer to join our team in Maryland to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within Synertex. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of Government and Contractor personnel working on a high-priority, very sensitive program in support U.S. Naval Intelligence priorities. You will be the sole Software/Web Developer devising new applications and tailoring software/web search techniques to better access and collect open source information in targeted searches against designated subject areas. You will be working with analysts and linguists addressing new ways of doing business and new information sources to support Government priorities.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Software or Web Developer OR a BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Have experience with a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools and object-oriented languages (e.g. JAVA CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create software and web application elements such as user interface features
- Proficient experience in using APIs in software and from a browser address bar and has experience providing web-based solutions for complex problems that may run as a web browser add-on optimized for Firefox
- At least 6 years’ experience as a Software or Web Developer OR Masters Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering AND four (4) additional years of Software / Web Development experience
- 2 yrs experience developing mobile applications in an Android operating environment. Familiar with using Android SDK and programming JAVA and CORONA for an Android OS
- Experience with current data mining technologies focused on social media and publically available information sources
- Experience in the use of a managed attribution system