Synertex is seeking TS/SCI (minimum) Senior Cybersecurity Engineer for positions in Chantilly, Va to deploy Enterprise IT Audit solutions supporting Federated Audit Data Collection, Centralized Audit Data Storage, On-demand Audi Data Sharing, and Dynamic Audit Data Analysis
- Engineers and deploys capabilities to provide new functionality, improve system performance/availability, and for generating efficiencies in the maintenance of the operational environment.
- Provides Tier 2 maintenance support for deployed IT Audit technologies.
- Identifies potential conflicts with implementation of IT Audit technologies within the enterprise and develops recommendations to remediate these conflicts.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Supports Assessment and Authorization activities related to IT Audit technologies.
- Manages and administers the updating of rules, signatures, and custom content for specialized CND applications and systems.
- Administers CND test beds and tests and evaluates new CND applications or tools, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of CND platforms.
- Identifies potential conflicts with implementation of any CND tools within the enterprise and develop recommendations to remediate these conflicts.
- Creates, maintains, and refines network traffic flow diagrams for the enterprise network which reflect the current state of all security applications.
- Provides subject matter expertise in creation, editing, and management of signatures, rules and filters for specialized network defense systems including but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy and SIEM systems.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
- Minimum Education: B.S. or relevant experience in related field and 5–7 years of related experience. Experience shall be in a related security technology or discipline such as Identity and Access Management, Cybersecurity Operations, Cybersecurity Engineering, IT Security Audit, and Information Assurance.
- IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SSCP, or CCNA-Security) certification