***Must be a U.S. Citizen willing to obtain a Secret clearance.
Synertex LLC has an immediate opening for a Senior Biodefense SME to support the Biosurveillance Ecosystem (BSVE) program within the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office for the Department of Homeland Security. BSVE is an analyst workbench developed to integrate and analyze health and non-health systems, data, and applications-as well as provide an all-source biosurveillance platform capable of detecting biological threats of national significance, across the Federal interagency.
The focal point of the Senior SME role will be to act as an Operational threat surveillance expert and to advise, vet, and validate user capabilities that includes advanced analytics, situational awareness data and applications, as well as decision support tools and workflows. The SME will work with data scientist and technical developers to assist with quality assurance of all system capabilities and provide customer support for demonstrations and user training sessions.
- Work within a team environment to support operationalization of a software-based platform that will facilitate rapid decision making and increased situational awareness across a variety of users, disciplines, and geographic locations
- Test and validate robust, maintainable, well documented, and well tested enterprise-level applications
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with the customer and other team members. Including managers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers/developers
- Support the integration and maintenance of advanced analytic Biodefense applications
- Extensive knowledge of the CBRN threat environment with particular understanding of chemical and biological threats
- Demonstrated experience collecting, monitoring, interpreting, and summarizing a variety of threat surveillance data for Federal agencies
- Knowledge of data sets related to chemical or biological threat detection to include (federal databases, open source data, laboratory/health data)
- Demonstrated ability to identify, characterize, and track biological and chemical events of concern to the DHS and interagency partners
- Demonstrated analytic capabilities with understanding of NLP and ML techniques
- Strong communication, organizational, written skills
- Extensive experience interfacing with Federal customers and stakeholders
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence and advanced data science techniques
- Experience contributing to the development of a health monitoring or threat surveillance system or application on a defense contract
- Experience providing user support and client demonstrations within a Federal environment
- Master’s Degree Science or related field
- 7+ years relevant experience