Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Synertex is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Information Systems Engineer to join our team in the Maryland area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within Synertex. The Information Systems Security Engineer will perform technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements. Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Supports the building of security architectures.
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
- Seven (7) years’ experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 1 is required