Synertex is seeking a Database Engineer to work on a team that transfers NGA products, information, data, and web content for dissemination on NGA and coalition networks. The contractor shall provide support to STC and the BICES web servers. The Contractor shall also provide through database analysis, programming and systems administration for NGA’s Disclosure and Release Tool (DART).
- The Contractor shall perform database scripting utilizing Unix, Linux, SQL, Java, Oracle, Database Management Tools, HTML, XML, multiple Operating Systems to ensure daily loading of GEOINT data on multiple NGA networks.
- The Contractor shall use COTS and GOTS applications (Unix, Linux, SQL, Java, Oracle, Database Management Tools, HTML, XML, multiple Operating Systems, C Shell, JSON Cloud Administration) to: Load Geospatial data into Geospatial databases and into disk storage. Extract Geospatial data from relational Geospatial databases.
- The Contractor shall ensure all required software, hardware, and DTO certification (training) are compliant with Intelligence Community Standard 500 to perform GEOINT product retrieval, review, and dissemination functions.
- Perform market research for industry trends, new developments and solutions applicable to NGA dissemination and NGA Storage architecture. (frequency: semi-annual)
- The Contractor shall monitor data dissemination and performance activities on the multiple security domains produced by NGA Production Systems
- • Specific performance activity: Collect, maintain and provide statistics related to quantities and timelines for products and data transferred to/from the ten networks (SBU, NIPRNet, SECNet, SIPRNet, BICES, InfoSharing, NGANet, JWICS, StoneGhost (two networks)) on a weekly basis (minimum).
- Using Multi-tiered systems and communication between components
- Using Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage
- Using System and Storage architecture best practices
- Implementing Current market solutions and the applicability to NGA dissemination
- Using COTS and GOTS tools to load data into databases and into disk storage and tools to extract data from databases
- Web Service development Python programming language Apache Internet services
- Database administration, to include working knowledge in at least two of the following: Unix, Linux, SQL and/or Oracle
- Proficiency in HTML, XML, Java, JSON and C Shell