Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph
Synertex is seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Network Designers to join our team in the Washington, DC. area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within Synertex. Network Designers determine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks. Plan and implement network upgrades. Design, test, and inspect the NRO’s computer data communications systems. These systems include wide area networks (WANs), local area networks (LANs), and internets. Analyze and organize the corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling and planning.
- Adjust network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades
- Determine specific network hardware or software requirements, such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine schemas
- Participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing
- Develop and implement solutions for network problems
- Develop conceptual, logical, or physical network designs
- Develop procedures to track and report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes
- Estimate time and materials needed to complete projects
- Monitor and analyze network performance and data input/output reports to detect problems, identify inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning
- Evaluate network designs to determine if requirements are met efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree